Portola Inn is a beautiful and unique venue for everything from a holiday getaway to professional retreats to elegant weddings and special events. Just minutes from downtown, with many years of history, Portola Inn offers classic comfort, serene surroundings and picturesque vistas. It’s the perfect getaway from the hectic world and a great headquarters from which to explore the exciting venues of California’s Central Coast.
Breakfast is available in the historic dining room by prior request. Breakfasts are made with local food and items from the garden and orchard. We are happy to accommodate special diets and needs.
The Master Suite has a private entrance into a lovely sitting area with fireplace. Step down to the queen bed with luxurious bedding and TV with surround sound. The bathroom offers a spa tub and shower. The Guest House contains a full kitchen and has adjacent picnic areas beneath majestic Oak trees.
- Breakfast Menu ranges from Apricot French Toast or Serbian Eggs or Gingerbread Pancakes to self-serve home-made or artisan muffins, breads, granola, yogurt & more by special request.
- Dine under wrought iron light fixtures created by Hearst Castle craftsman Edward Trinkeller.
- Stroll through our 100 year old Apricot Orchard and pick seasonal produce from the gardens.
- Host an Old Fashioned Ice Cream Social in a historic recreation of an early Ice Cream Parlor.
- See the Historic Colony Holding Company Black Smith Shop in action during special events.